Thursday, July 26, 2007

Welcome!

I will use this space to describe my life as a new Kings fan and to share with the public some of my experiences growing up with defenseman Jack Johnson. For those who do not already know the story, I met Jack at a baseball camp the summer before our 6th grade year in school. He and I went to school together for 2 years at Vaughan Middle School in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan before he was recruited to hockey powerhouse Shattuck St. Mary's. We managed to keep in touch despite his move to Minnesota, and have maintained our friendship for several years.

While Jack will have a role in the blog, it was created mostly as an outlet for me to explain my conversion to a Kings fan. I have a bit of an outsider's perspective of the organization and believe my insight will be unique- if not intelligent- and perhaps refreshing. I appreciate all the support that I have received from the people at Let's Go Kings, as they have all been exceptionally patient with my relative ignorance as I plunge into the abyss of King Fandom.

This is essentially a journal to chronicle my experience with this transition. I am doing it for predominantly selfish reasons, but I hope some others can enjoy it. As long as it serves its purpose to me, I will be happy. If a few lonely souls find it to be worthwhile reading for 5 minutes, all the better.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can anyone take you seriously as a hockey fan when you jump ship because your boyfriend plays for the Kings.

No real Red Wings fan would do that dude!

Justin said...

Not jumping ship at all. I will always be a Red Wings fan, but I am not going to root against my best friend. I think most people would do the same in my situation.

GC said...

JackJohnsonFan >>> Hamdingers

FBJ

Anonymous said...

looking forward to hearing about your journey...GO KINGS GO

Unknown said...

Thanks for doing this. looking forward to reading what you have to say.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of LA Kings hockey, I have been a fan for over 30 years...we love the Kings with a passion, loyal to the core, and we can't seem agree on anything.

That being said, those of us that have stayed optimistic will always have faith the Kings will become winners...looking forward to seeing Jack hoist the Cup.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading the blog.

kb
Japers' Rink

Cup B4 I Die said...

Don't listen to those Red Wing fans, they're still bitter about 2001.

Glad to have you on board, see you at Staples.

Go Kings